My last few weeks of weight losses compared to my usual have been a bit disappointing and so I thought it was time to shake things up a bit. So far I've followed the Extra Easy (EE) plan nearly all the time, with the very occasional Green day if I want more cheese so this week I decided to do something I haven't done before and did a whole week of the Original plan (known commonly as Red days).
I knew immediately that something was different as for some reason I have been up in the night every night this week bursting to go to the loo! I take it that was a good thing as the scales show that I've lost 3.5lbs this week!
Some good things that I think helped contribute to this:
- I think you are forced to have more superfree (most fruit and veg is superfree) on red days - it's too easy on EE to fill up on your meat and carbs and not have enough superfree (think about your plate of spaghetti bolognese - do you really eat 1/3 of your plate in salad to go with it?)
- I typically used my B choices at breakfast and lunch, so my evening meals were heaped with superfree like salads and roast veggies
- Switching plans makes you go back to your books to check everything
- You eat different things to usual - it gets you out of a rut of having the same things every week. I enjoyed trying new things.
- You also have 2 A and B choices so can easily try different recipes that use cheese, which is always hard on EE if you use your A choice for milk.
I still love Extra Easy and will probably still follow it most of the time as it fits in so well with my day to day life, but any time I feel like I need a weight loss boost I know what I'm going to do!