These mini quiches are easy to make and are great to keep in the fridge for snacking or to take to work with some salad in a packed lunch. You can make them syn-free although I like to add a little cheese on top.
1/2 syn per quiche on Extra Easy or Original (or make them syn-free by omitting the cheese)
100g quark (or fat free natural cottage cheese)
Fillings of your choice e.g. ham, bacon, mushrooms, red pepper, spring onion, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, caramelised red onions, etc.
28g parmesan or strong cheddar (6 syns or HEA) (optional)
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 180ºC and spray a 12-hole muffin tin with Fry Light
- Beat the eggs with the quark and salt and pepper
- Prepare your fillings by chopping into fairly small pieces (so they cook in the time allowed)
- Distribute the fillings between the muffin tin compartments and pour over the egg mixture
- If you are using the cheese, sprinkle some on top of each quiche
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the mixture is cooked and light golden brown