This was my lunch today, just what's needed when it's -1C outside!
Syn-free on Extra Easy and Green
1 tin tomatoes
1 large onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
pinch of cayenne pepper
140g red lentils, rinsed
750ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper
fat free natural yogurt, to serve
- In a large saucepan soften the onion, garlic and celery in a little of the stock or some Fry Light.
- Add the spices and some seasoning and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils and the rest of the stock and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the lentils are soft
- Use a blender to process the soup until it's nice and smooth.
- Return to the pan and check the seasoning. Serve with a swirl of natural yogurt.