This is a quick and easy meal that you can make as hot or as mild as you like, depending on how many chillies you use. I like to serve it with Thai sticky rice.
1 syn per serving on Extra Easy and Original
For the sauce:
1 tin tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1-2 red chillies, seeds removed
1 inch piece ginger
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
4 tablespoons tomato ketchup (4 syns)
For the chicken:
600g chicken, cut into pieces
1 courgette, cut into strips
1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Put all of the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Heat a wok and cook the chicken in Fry Light until starting to colour.
- Add the courgette and red pepper strips and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Season with the soy sauce and serve.